Oh ya.
There is nothing wrong with saying innit.
I mean. It's a colloquialism. Like slang. I know what you mean by the British rempits using it. but. I'm looking at it from a different perspective. I mean. Okay. Not many people. But there are some people in my course who say it, and. Well. I wouldn't say they're British rempits. Nor would i say they're from the lowest dredges of society. They're actually perfectly nice people. It's just where they're from. It's normal for them to talk liike that.
It's kind of like, the way we say 'lah' and 'mah' and 'meh' and wo-ter. (as opposed to the correct pronunciation of water - war tuh. ,emphasizing on the war)
Guess we were a little more privileged in the sense we had a good english education? Can't decide whether I honestly believe that. But. I mean. It's like everyone has their own unique idiolect. Why degrade them and call them names?
And haha. I dont actually say innit at all with my friends here. i just do it coz i know it gets to you ong. but honestly. why so judgemental =)
No comments:
Post a Comment